Revocable Living Trusts
BENEFITS OF A LIVING TRUST:
- Avoids probate at death, including multiple probates if you own property in other states.
- Prevents court control of assets at incapacity.
- Brings all of your assets together under one plan.
- Provides maximum privacy
- Quicker distribution of assets to beneficairies.
- Assets can remain in trust until you want beneficiaries to inherit.
- Can reduce or eliminate estate taxes.
- Inexpensive, easy to set up and maintain.
- Can be changed or cancelled at any time.
- Difficult to contest.
- Prevents court control of minors' inheritances.
- Can protect dependants with special needs.
- Pevents unitentional disinheriting and other problems of joint ownership.
- Professional management with corporate Trustee.
- Peace of mind.